ACTION, CONNECTION, AND EDUCATION
June 12, 2017 - Van Jones & Roc Nation are proud to announce a groundbreaking partnership and nationwide event tour: WE RISE Tour powered by #LoveArmy. WE RISE will bring an array of artists, athletes, thought leaders and local leaders to cities across the country this summer. Van Jones, a renowned activist, CNN commentator and two-time New York Times bestselling author will headline the tour promoted by Live Nation. 100% of net ticket proceeds will go to the Dream Corps initiatives and local charities.
WE RISE focuses on our commonalities as opposed to our differences -- exploring how to increase dialogue and engagement on both the local and national levels. Attendees have the opportunity to connect, ask questions and participate in various activations during the program.
During the WE RISE tour, Van Jones and #LoveArmy will engage in each city, visiting local community centers, schools and organizations to spend time with our partners in social change on the ground. The most important work is happening on the front lines and Van is focused on enacting change in neighborhoods hardest hit, economically. WE RISE together!
Facebook Live pre-sale begins Tuesday, June 13th at 3:30pm (ET) thru Thursday, June 15th at 10pm local time.
General public can purchase tickets beginning Friday June 16, 2017 at 10am (ET) at http://www.ticketmaster.com/Van-Jones-tickets/artist/2381166 .
WE RISE TOUR powered by #LoveArmy
- Wednesday, July 26 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium
- Friday, July 28 - San Francisco, CA - The Masonic
- Monday, July 31 - Denver, CO - Paramount Theater
- Wednesday, August 2 - Atlanta, GA - The Tabernacle
- Thursday, August 3 - Philadelphia, PA - The Fillmore
- Saturday, August 5 - New York NY - Apollo Theater
- Sunday, August 6 - Cleveland, OH - The State Theater
- Tuesday, August 8 - Chicago, IL - The Chicago Theater
- Friday, August 11 - Oxon Hill, MD - MGM National Harbor
- Sunday, August 13 - Miami, FL - The Fillmore
- Tuesday, August 15 - Nashville, TN - The Ryman
- Thursday, August 17 - New Orleans, LA - Saenger
- Friday, August 18 - Dallas, TX - House Of Blues
- Saturday, August 20 - Las Vegas, NV - The Pearl
MORE ABOUT DREAM CORPS INITIATIVES:
• #LoveArmy: The #LoveArmy is working for an America where everyone counts. We are a home for changemakers who seek to build community and deepen solidarity. Through education, connection and action, the #LoveArmy builds "Love + Power."
• #cut50: #cut50 makes communities safer while reducing the number of people in our prisons and jails. Using evidence-based solutions and unlikely alliances, we can keep communities safe, families together, and the economy strong for all Americans.
• #YesWeCode: #YesWeCode is building a diverse pipeline of 'homegrown' tech talent to meet demand for workers in the tech sector and boost local economies. Be a part of our movement to increase opportunities in the tech sector.
• Green For All: Green For All fights pollution with solutions. We work to get solar panels, healthy food and good jobs into communities that have little money or power. We want to build an inclusive, green economy that is strong enough to lift people out of poverty.
MORE ABOUT VAN JONES:
A Yale-educated attorney, Van is perhaps best known as a commentator on CNN, where he hosts “The Messy Truth, with Van Jones.”
Van is also the founder and president of the Dream Corps, a nonprofit organization that works to solve America’s toughest problems. Its current initiatives -- #cut50, #YesWeCode, and Green For All -- create innovative solutions to "close prison doors and open doors of opportunity." The Dream Corps also supports the #LoveArmy.
Van was the 2017 commencement keynote speaker for Morehouse College and has garnered honors from the World Economic Forum, TIME’s “100 Most Influential” List and Fast Company.
Van Jones won the 2017 Webby Special Achievement Award for his use of the Internet and social media during the 2016 election, including for his video series “The Messy Truth.”
In October 2017, he will release his third book: Beyond The Messy Truth: How We Came Apart & How We Come Together. Van has already written two New York Times bestsellers: The Green Collar Economy, the definitive book on green jobs, and Rebuild the Dream, a roadmap for progressives.
In 2009, Van worked as the 'green jobs' advisor to the Obama White House, where he helped run the interagency process that oversaw $80 billion in green energy recovery spending. He is also a cofounder of numerous social justice organizations, including ColorOfChange.org and the Ella Baker Center for Human Rights.
For more information on Van Jones’ appearances and initiatives, please visit:www.thedreamcorps.org andhttp://www.vanjones.net
About Live Nation Entertainment (NYSE: LYV) is the world’s leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, Live Nation Advertising & Sponsorship and Artist Nation Management. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com
Follow Van Jones at: @vanjones68 on Twitter and Instagram.